Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "thure.nebendahl@nebendahl-cie.de" <th...@nebendahl-cie.de> on 2018/06/27 12:16:13 UTC

Embedding ApacheDS in Java

Dear Developers at Apache,

I stumbled across ApacheDS while looking for an easy to embed LDAP Server and according to your website this is it. Since I'm not that experienced with servers at all I was looking for help in your Documentations only to find, that the Part that I actually need ist still TODO. Is there by any chance some kind of help for embedding a server (maybe a not yet finished version of the documentation or any link to another one)?
I'm struggling with what sources I actually need for my own program and where to "access" the server? Is there any kind of "interface" with methods to set up the server's parameters such as the ports etc.

I hope you can help me at least a little.

Best regards,
Thure Nebendahl

Re: Embedding ApacheDS in Java

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Can you point to where the documentation is that says "TODO"? Here is an
example in my github repo using Apache DS to embed an LDAP server for
testing:

https://github.com/coheigea/testcases/blob/master/apache/cxf/cxf-ldap/src/test/java/org/apache/coheigea/cxf/ldap/authentication/AuthenticationTest.java

Colm.

--