Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Torsten Zesch <ze...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2007/06/04 17:41:46 UTC

AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

> we would like to show-case the benefit of UIMA with a short simple
> application. This application should run as a Mozilla Firefox
> plugin to
> analyze the currently loaded web page in the browser and
> highlight the
> detected annotations. It should be easy to configure so that
> users can
> plug in their own analysis components to highlight the
> entities of their
> choice.

This sounds like an interesting application - even for the academic
world.
I can contribute some experience with Firefox Addons and JavaScript.

There are already some Firefox addons for highlighting various things
available, so we can build on that.

Easy plugin of own analysis components seems to depend on the PEAR
run-time. I hope that it will make it into the 2.2. release.

-Torsten

Re: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Posted by Steve Suppe <ss...@llnl.gov>.
I'm being guiltlessly selfish - unfortunately I don't have the strokes
right now to help out, but would love it if you guys could keep us posted
on the work!

Steve

RE: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Posted by Torsten Zesch <ze...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

> Since now the UIMA 2.2.0-incubating release is available
> (including the
> PEAR runtime), we can start implementing this application.
> Are there still some people interested in participating in this?

We are still interested.

As I wrote some time ago, we can contribute some experience with Firefox
Addons and JavaScript.

-Torsten

Re: AW: UIMA Firefox plugin

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.