Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org> on 2014/12/03 11:26:45 UTC

New pull request builders

Hi!

We've been working on improving the configuration of our pull request
builders, to provide a better integration with GitHub.

These new builders provide a better feedback. You can see how things
look like here:

Example 1: A normal PR. You'll see the "All is well" box in green and
the link to the build status all integrated in the GitHub page.
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-aws/pull/66

Example 2: You will see the list of the pull requests having an icon
with the status of each pull request, that also links to the build
details (useful to have an overview of the status of the PRs):
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pulls

Example 3: Build status history. When commits are added to the PR, you
can see in the commit list the status the build had for each of the
commits. It is useful to see the build status history of the PR:
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/147/commits

With this better integration we can get rid of the ugly PR builder
comments, leaving the comments just for the PR review, which is what
matters. Also, as the cloudbees PR builds are now public, we'd like to
remove the old BuildHive builders as they provide no value.

If there are no objections, the switch to the new builders will be
made this week.

I.

Re: New pull request builders

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> If there are no objections, the switch to the new builders will be
> made this week.

No objections from me. Thanks for getting this set up, Ignasi!

ap

Re: New pull request builders

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
The PR builders have been updated to the new Jenkins plugin.
Please, let us know if you find anything that doesn't work!

I.

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
+1