Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2013/09/14 14:17:31 UTC

[SITE] Updating to fluido

Hi all,

a while back I started to work on commons appearance in public. Since then
I've created a twitter account, requested git mirrors for all proper
components and updated all Oloh profiles.

Now I'd like to take the next step by updating our web sites to use the
fluido skin [1].
I have generated the main site as well as lang and csv and uploaded them to
my space a people.apache.org [2].

This looks good so far. There is a minor problem on the components sites:
The Apache Commons Logo on the top left side does not show up. I've
requested help from Simone Tripodi and expect this to be easily fixed.

Please take a look at the example pages. I'd like to gather some feedback
and then caste a [VOTE] for this topic.

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-sites/

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 09/14/2013 08:56 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
> Agreed, this stuff is looking good to me. I wonder if we should update the
> commons logo itself, perhaps using the "commons" from the various component
> logos.

the existing (old) commons logo does not go well with the new fluido
skin imho, at least the font should be changed.

Thomas

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, this stuff is looking good to me. I wonder if we should update the
commons logo itself, perhaps using the "commons" from the various component
logos.

Matt

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 10/28/2013 08:23 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
> I followed your instructions and now I have commons-parent with the fluido skin.
> Thanks! Is your modified commons-skin code in GitHub, Thomas?

Is now available at https://github.com/netomi/commons-skin-fluido

Thomas

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

2013/10/29 Bruno P. Kinoshita <br...@yahoo.com.br>

> Thanks Thomas! The commons-site-skin you created/adapted was very simple
> to understand and modify :o)
>
> I looked at log4j2 website sources, and it looks like they have built
> their Maven site on Twitter bootstrap, with their own velocity template and
> other customization. Let me know if you need any help porting parts of
> their website to commons-skin.

Yes that's correct. The main site doesn't use the Maven site build. The
components do as far as I know.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
Thanks @Gary!

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <
brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Thomas!
>
> I followed your instructions and now I have commons-parent with the fluido
> skin.
> Thanks! Is your modified commons-skin code in GitHub, Thomas?
>
> >With the modifications, building a component site has all the required
> >images / footers.
> >
> >We may want to adjust a few css classes from the default fluido skin,
> >e.g. the sidebar feels too wide imho, footer fonts ....
>
> +1
>
> @all, @britter, maybe we can use Thomas' modifications as base and try to:
>
> - change the sidebar width (too wide IMO too)
> - reduce the footer font size
> - add some padding/margin to the footer
>
> I think something like what log4j2's website sidebar and footer [1]
>
> What do you think?

+1 the log4j site looks good.

Gary

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Thomas!

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Bruno,

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Benedikt,

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Matt,

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VFS] Re: [SITE] Updating to fluido

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Yes looks good– I was actually looking in that Place but I must have missed it, Good Job.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello Benedikt,