Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Stephen Nelson <st...@artmachine.com> on 2001/08/29 01:39:09 UTC

Dodging namespaces: Xerces/SAX

I'm working on a SOAP interoperability project that uses SOAP to communicate
between a frontend servlet and a backend processing system. Unfortunately,
the frontend servlet depends on the Sun SAX parser for some parsing tasks of
its own, and I'm getting "MethodNotFoundError"s, since it's finding Sun SAX
instead of Xerces.

The project lead on the frontend servlet doesn't want to switch over to
Xerces entirely, since it's a rather late date in the project. Is there some
way for the two to coexist?