Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "F.Aubele" <fl...@infraview.eu> on 2014/09/17 11:00:57 UTC

Karaf 3.0.1 - Problem with Servlets using DS

Hi everyone,
I'm having a problem with Servlets. I'm using Karaf 3.0.1 with the latest
BND-Annotations.
The Component Annotation for the servlet looks like this:

@Component(immediate=true, provide = Servlet.class, properties =
{"alias=/config/ConfigServlet"} )

Everything gets deployed fine and i can reach the servlet.
The problem is that when stopping and restarting (updating) the bundle
including the servlet, the servlet is listed two times when looking up
Servlet Status via http:list. One is deployed (from updated bundle version),
the other is undeployed (from old bundle version). If i build a regular wab
with web.xml etc., the Servlet seems to get updated fine, no double
servlets. When using DS, everytime the servlet is updated,  it won't get
redeployed, but a new servlet is added (which then has status "deployed"),
while the old one is left in undeployed state. After a restart everything is
cleaned up.

Anyone an idea? Thanks for your help.

PS:
Any news for release dates for Karaf 3.0.2 and an updated EIK?

Kind regards,
Florin

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 - Problem with Servlets using DS

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi

I suspect a old reference to the original bundle somewhere. As you use DS,
one of the other bundles might still hold a reference to your servlet
containing bundle.
In that case it's best to do a bundle:refresh on the shell to force a
re-wiring of the bundles.

regards, Achim

> Hi everyone,
> I'm having a problem with Servlets. I'm using Karaf 3.0.1 with the latest
> BND-Annotations.
> The Component Annotation for the servlet looks like this:
>
> @Component(immediate=true, provide = Servlet.class, properties =
> {"alias=/config/ConfigServlet"} )
>
> Everything gets deployed fine and i can reach the servlet.
> The problem is that when stopping and restarting (updating) the bundle
> including the servlet, the servlet is listed two times when looking up
> Servlet Status via http:list. One is deployed (from updated bundle
> version),
> the other is undeployed (from old bundle version). If i build a regular wab
> with web.xml etc., the Servlet seems to get updated fine, no double
> servlets. When using DS, everytime the servlet is updated,  it won't get
> redeployed, but a new servlet is added (which then has status "deployed"),
> while the old one is left in undeployed state. After a restart everything
> is
> cleaned up.
>
> Anyone an idea? Thanks for your help.
>
> PS:
> Any news for release dates for Karaf 3.0.2 and an updated EIK?
>
> Kind regards,
> Florin

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 - Problem with Servlets using DS

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
hehe, indeed ;-)
but the http:list command does listen on events so that shouldn't be the
case.

regards, Achim

Posted by ch...@kiffer.ltd.uk.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Did you do a bundle:refresh without argument ?

And actually, bundle:update and bundle:refresh is not the same.
bundle:update can update the bundle from the bundle location, whereas
bundle:refresh just rewires.

Regards
JB

On 09/17/2014 11:32 AM, F.Aubele wrote:
> A bundle:refresh has the same effect as updating the bundels.
> I refreshed all bundles i use, but everytime i refresh the servlet bundle
> another undeployed servlet is added to the http:list.
> I will try to find out if there are any old references.... strange thing is
> the bundle that shows the mentioned behaviour has no provided services or
> exports.
> It has references on other bundle's services, but these are optional and
> dynamic.
> Maybe i just need more experimentation time, I'm still pretty new to DS.
> Thx for the fast response.
>
> Kind regards,
> Florin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 - Problem with Servlets using DS

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, I agree with Achim, a bundle:refresh should help.

Regards
JB

On 09/17/2014 11:00 AM, F.Aubele wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm having a problem with Servlets. I'm using Karaf 3.0.1 with the latest
> BND-Annotations.
> The Component Annotation for the servlet looks like this:
>
> @Component(immediate=true, provide = Servlet.class, properties =
> {"alias=/config/ConfigServlet"} )
>
> Everything gets deployed fine and i can reach the servlet.
> The problem is that when stopping and restarting (updating) the bundle
> including the servlet, the servlet is listed two times when looking up
> Servlet Status via http:list. One is deployed (from updated bundle version),
> the other is undeployed (from old bundle version). If i build a regular wab
> with web.xml etc., the Servlet seems to get updated fine, no double
> servlets. When using DS, everytime the servlet is updated,  it won't get
> redeployed, but a new servlet is added (which then has status "deployed"),
> while the old one is left in undeployed state. After a restart everything is
> cleaned up.
>
> Anyone an idea? Thanks for your help.
>
> PS:
> Any news for release dates for Karaf 3.0.2 and an updated EIK?
>
> Kind regards,
> Florin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 - Problem with Servlets using DS

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Florin,

regarding the date, Karaf 3.0.2 is plan for end of this week.

For EIK, I will try to rework on it after the 3.0.2 release. Any help is
welcome.

Regards
JB

On 09/17/2014 11:00 AM, F.Aubele wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm having a problem with Servlets. I'm using Karaf 3.0.1 with the latest
> BND-Annotations.
> The Component Annotation for the servlet looks like this:
>
> @Component(immediate=true, provide = Servlet.class, properties =
> {"alias=/config/ConfigServlet"} )
>
> Everything gets deployed fine and i can reach the servlet.
> The problem is that when stopping and restarting (updating) the bundle
> including the servlet, the servlet is listed two times when looking up
> Servlet Status via http:list. One is deployed (from updated bundle version),
> the other is undeployed (from old bundle version). If i build a regular wab
> with web.xml etc., the Servlet seems to get updated fine, no double
> servlets. When using DS, everytime the servlet is updated,  it won't get
> redeployed, but a new servlet is added (which then has status "deployed"),
> while the old one is left in undeployed state. After a restart everything is
> cleaned up.
>
> Anyone an idea? Thanks for your help.
>
> PS:
> Any news for release dates for Karaf 3.0.2 and an updated EIK?
>
> Kind regards,
> Florin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org