Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by yhilem <yo...@free.fr> on 2020/11/17 07:11:05 UTC

Test CouchDB 4.0

Hi,
I want to test version 4.0 but I can't find a package for windows 10 or a
docker image.
Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from: http://couchdb-development.1959287.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Test CouchDB 4.0

Posted by yhilem <yo...@free.fr>.
Thank you for your response Joan.
Sorry i can't contribute as i don't have the Erlang skills.
I am an architect and I retained CouchDB to cover some of our use cases.
As I noticed that version 4.0 operates a redesign of the archi and the
storage system, so I wanted to test this new version.
My idea is to see if we can wait for the arrival of 4.0 or start now with
version 3.1.

Thanks Y. HILEM

--
Sent from: http://couchdb-development.1959287.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Test CouchDB 4.0

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Hello yhilem,

CouchDB 4.0 isn't anywhere near a packaged release yet, or ready for
end-user testing. It is not at feature parity with previous CouchDBs.
This is why we haven't announced anything publicly.

If you're interested in helping develop along with us, you can check out
the code and run the code through our docker container. Here is how our
CI system does it:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/main/build-aux/Jenkinsfile.pr

-Joan "not ready for prime time players" Touzet