Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by la...@apache.org on 1998/11/05 04:04:43 UTC

Re: mod_rewrite/3192: Slow rewriting gives problems under load

Synopsis: Slow rewriting gives problems under load

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: lars
State-Changed-When: Wed Nov  4 19:04:43 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:

You say that you only see the problem under load...
How much requests (approx.) does your server
receive in such a situation.

Are you sure that this is no perl problem/bug?

Re: mod_rewrite/3192: Slow rewriting gives problems under load

Posted by Ole Tange <ta...@tange.dk>.
On 5 Nov 1998 lars@apache.org wrote:

> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: lars
> State-Changed-When: Wed Nov  4 19:04:43 PST 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> You say that you only see the problem under load...
> How much requests (approx.) does your server
> receive in such a situation.

2 req/sec.

> Are you sure that this is no perl problem/bug?

Yes: Having worked with perl in 7 years now I am pretty sure that it is
not the problem.

I have tried writing the input that perl gets + the output that perl
produces to a file, and from the input perl produces the correct output.
However, apache gives the wrong input.

/Ole
--
Linux - From the people who gave you the Internet
www.sslug.dk                        www.linux.org