Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ivan Grimaldi <gr...@ismb.it> on 2013/12/09 11:26:14 UTC

Bad BundleSymbolicName in generated Manifest

Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem using felix bundle plugin v2.4.0 and maven
v3.1.1: the generated manifest for project with long names contains
invalid entry for BundleSimbolicName like:

Bundle-SymbolicName:
org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic;singleton:=true
  eric

It is possible to check out the problem by getting the code on a
specific branch on github: https://github.com/ismb/jemma/tree/namingFix
The affected progject is in the folder
"jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic".
Does anybody know what is wrong? Is it a bug of Felix Bundle plugin or a
configuration error?

Best regards,
Ivan Grimaldi

--
Ivan Grimaldi
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (ISMB)

Re: Bad BundleSymbolicName in generated Manifest

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 12 Dec 2013, at 08:56, Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com> wrote:

> I just tried it in the latest bndtools, which uses bnd latest (2.3) and there it works ok.
>
>> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic.long.name.that.will.really.wrap.in.the.manifest;singleton:=true
>
> results in
>
>> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.gen
>> eric.long.name.that.will.really.wrap.in.the.manifest;singleton:=true
>
> so bnd seems to do it ok.
> therefore I would suspect the bundle plugin itself

…and I get the same results using that Bundle-SymbolicName with the bundleplugin:

Bundle-SymbolicName: org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.gen
 eric.long.name.that.will.really.wrap.in.the.manifest;singleton:=true

I also cannot recreate the problem locally with “mvn clean install” on the original project, which makes me suspect something else is involved.

Is this project getting imported into Eclipse/PDE?  Are you editing/re-generating the manifest in Eclipse?

Any additional instructions on how to recreate this locally would be welcome.

PS. you will see lines wrapped in the generated manifest after 72 characters but that is the standard Jar manifest format (the wrapped line then starts with a space).

Posted by Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com>.
I just tried it in the latest bndtools, which uses bnd latest (2.3) and
there it works ok.

> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic.long.name.that.will.really.wrap.in.the.manifest;singleton:=true

results in

> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.gen
>  eric.long.name.that.will.really.wrap.in.the.manifest;singleton:=true

so bnd seems to do it ok.
therefore I would suspect the bundle plugin itself

On 12/12/13 09:44, Ivan Grimaldi wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your reply, but if you look more carefully at the examplke I
> provided, you'll see that the problem is not that the symbolic name is
> equal to the artifactId (I want it to be like this).
> The generated symbolic name is being splitted in two lines with an
> invalid second line containing only "eric" (i think is the suffix of
> generic): so the manifest is invalid!
>
> You can take a look at the generated manifest here:
> http://pastebin.com/sBzK65gR
> Check out row #11 and row #12.
> I'm pretty sure this is a Felix Bundle Plugin bug...
>
> Best regards,
> Ivan Grimaldi
>

> Il 12/12/2013 06:38, Chetan Mehrotra ha scritto:
>> Have a look at Maven Bundle Plugin docs around how it computes the
>> Bundle-SymbolicName by default [1]. So in your case it defaults to
>> artifactId (see point 4 under <Bundle-SymbolicName>)
>>
>> Chetan Mehrotra
>> [1]
>> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html#ApacheFelixMavenBundlePlugin%28BND%29-DefaultBehavior
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Ivan Grimaldi <gr...@ismb.it> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm experiencing a problem using felix bundle plugin v2.4.0 and maven
>>> v3.1.1: the generated manifest for project with long names contains
>>> invalid
>>> entry for BundleSimbolicName like:
>>>
>>> Bundle-SymbolicName:
>>> org.energy-home.jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic;singleton:=true
>>>   eric
>>>
>>> It is possible to check out the problem by getting the code on a
>>> specific
>>> branch on github: https://github.com/ismb/jemma/tree/namingFix
>>> The affected progject is in the folder
>>> "jemma.osgi.ah.zigbee.appliances.generic".
>>> Does anybody know what is wrong? Is it a bug of Felix Bundle plugin or a
>>> configuration error?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Ivan Grimaldi
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ivan Grimaldi
>>> Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (ISMB)
>>> via P.C. Boggio, 61 - 10138 Torino (ITALY)
>>> Tel: (+39) 011 2276 505

Ferry Huberts

Re: Bad BundleSymbolicName in generated Manifest

Posted by Ivan Grimaldi <gr...@ismb.it>.
Hi,

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.