Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/05/29 11:22:50 UTC

Re: Short Introduction to using Cocoon with non-roman languages - was: Has anyone used Cocoon for chinese language application ?

Hi:

Many people already told onthis list that Cocoon works for Arabic and
Chineese. The Chineese goverment is using Cocoon in some web sites. Search
the users mail list, I think there is even a link to the chineese
goverment pages.

The usage of ISO-8859-1 in Tomcat is optional, it depends on the standard
you are using. I suggest you to review the UTF-8 and UTF-16 standard.
AFAIK, Java use UTF-16 internal, so I don't see a problem to use Chineese
language.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo