Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by javaguy44 <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/13 10:32:09 UTC

Distributed problem on remote PC; remote PC works as non-distrib client

Hi,

I'm new to JMeter and was just trying to implement the distributed tutorial
step by step in my own environment.

During the course of the tutorial, tests that executed by the remote / slave
jmeter-server are NOT working.

What does work:
 - I killed my distributed testing session, and ran a single jmeter master /
gui client on the remote PC.  This works successfully.  e.g. remote pc +
single JMeter client = OK
 - jmeter master recognizes slave
 - rmi succesfully connects
 - can successfully read a page / make a http request from slave / remote pc
via browser
 - I've enabled DEBUG logging via jmeter.properties and system.properties on
remote node / jmeter-server.  However nowehere in the logs do I get any
message about connection error, or any error for that matter.

My questions are:
 - any tips on what could be the issue?
 - what could be further incremental steps that I can take to find /
diagnose the problem on my remote node / jmeter-server?

I am using:
 - windows xp pro (for jmeter master, jmeter slave, http server(tomcat)
 - java 6
 - jmeter 2.3.4

Thanks