Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bettina Linssen <li...@zeilbeck.de> on 2001/03/12 10:51:53 UTC

Re: unicode, still a problem

Hi,

thanks a lot for your suggestions, but unfortunately it still doesn't work......

I tried ISO-8859-1 as well as UTF-8 with no change at all.
And with entities there is no difference to no entities, because the UNICODE-encoding is the same and is interpreted the same way.

So the problem seems to be, that Cocoon transforms the UNICODE-encoding (eg &#8211;) into the HTML-4-encoding (&ndash;), but Netscape 4.75 just doesn't know what to do with that (different to IE5 or Netscape 6).

Is there any way to tell Cocoon NOT to transform these encodings ??
I do need these characters to be displayed in Netscape 4.75

still hoping
Bettina