Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2005/02/22 05:42:02 UTC

Memory leak in JDBC driver for network server?

Has anyone else noticed that the JDBC driver for the network server uses up
a lot of memory? I have an application which uses Hibernate that I've tested
with Derby, MySQL, and SQL Server using Inetsoftware's JDBC driver. The
application is a batch application which loads a table with 25,000 rows.
When using MySQL or SQL Server, the application uses about 45 MB RAM. When I
use Derby, it uses about 145 MB RAM. It also uses a lot more CPU when using
Derby (Note, the client is a separate computer from where the database
servers are).

Jon