Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andy Bowes <an...@scientiasolutions.com> on 2004/10/01 17:00:09 UTC

Versioning - Rolling back to a previous version of a Node

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find a way to programmatically (i.e. via the Slide kernal API
) roll back to a previous version of a Node.

What I am trying to do is basically the following:

1.  Create Node (revision no 1)
2.  Update Node (revision no 2)
3.  Update Node (revision no 3)
4.  Update Node (revision no 4)
5.  Update Node (revision no 5)
6.  Rollback to revision no 3 (i.e. discard modifications in revisions 4 &
5)

I thought that I would be able to acheive this via the
org.apache.slide.content.NodeRevisionDescriptors class as it has a
setLatestRevision() method however this only has package level visibility so
I can't invoke it from my classes.  Is there any other way to perform this
operation ?

Thanks

Andy Bowes