Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Devlin <rb...@ofiglobal.com> on 2016/12/12 16:23:06 UTC

Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

We're experimenting with BrokerFilter to capture detailed info of producer,
consumer, message headers, etc., for logging and analysis, and want to be
very careful to avoid delaying or blocking the broker.

If a broker interceptor, for whatever reason, got stuck, would that block a
broker thread from continuing?

Re: Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

Posted by Devlin <rb...@ofiglobal.com>.
Thank you

Re: Is BrokerFilter a "blocking" interceptor?

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is blocking.  The BrokerFilter class implements Broker and
simply delegates to the parent Broker so if whatever you are doing is
stuck then processing won't continue.  If you were to print out a
stacktrace from inside one of those methods you will see that there
are many BrokerFilter implementations in the chain already to add in
various behavior to the broker (logging, authentication, etc)