Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com> on 2013/02/11 21:18:59 UTC

Bndtools 2.0 released!

On behalf of Neil (and the team)

Bndtools 2.0

The easy, powerful and productive way to develop with OSGi. Based on bnd
and Eclipse.

Version 2.0 was just released, see
http://njbartlett.name/2013/02/11/bndtools2-released.html. We're very
proud of it and are convinced that it will make your life as an OSGi
developer _much_ easier. Easier than any other tool around.

It's been a big effort, 608 commits, 1132 files changed, 67199
insertions(+), 49291 deletions(-), and we're very happy it's now out there.

This new version has _many_ improvements that - not only - make it
_much_ faster and thus a breeze to use, but also expands the
functionality to offer a more complete experience.

An example is the new Export functionality that allows you to export
your run configuration straight into an executable JAR that completely
contains your OSGi application, including the framework and the launcher!

You can install Bndtools into Eclipse through the marketplace or use our
Eclipse update site at http://bndtools-updates.s3.amazonaws.com/ (see
http://bndtools.org/installation.html#update-site).

For those of you that want to live on the (bleeding) edge, our latest
stable build lives here:
https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bndtools.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bndtools.build/generated/p2/

As usual, please report any issues you find on our Github bug tracker:
https://github.com/bndtools/bndtools/issues

--
Ferry Huberts