Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Bob Arnott <bo...@autonomy.com> on 2006/11/23 11:40:50 UTC

HTTP Proxy

Hello, I have an issue where one of the POST parameters I set is
being duplicated. I don't know if it's within my HTTP server or
be  sent over the wire by HTTP Client.

Can anyone recommend a HTTP monitor / logging proxy type thing
that I could put between HTTP Client and my HTTP server and see
what's being sent each way...?

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott

Re: how to use HTTP Proxy

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Paranoid wrote:

> saw method for setting proxy in HostConfiguration, but think that it is not the real way...

Yes, that's the way.

> is there any possibility to set global http proxy for HttpClient or ConnectionManager,

Every HttpClient has a default HostConfiguration in case you're not passing
one with the method to be executed.

hope that helps,
  Roland

how to use HTTP Proxy

Posted by Paranoid <pa...@ukr.net>.
hi all!
have stupid question - how to use HTTP proxy?
saw method for setting proxy in HostConfiguration, but think that it is not the real way... is there any possibility to set global http proxy for HttpClient or ConnectionManager, or really need to set it
manually for every host?
thanx for attension...

Re: HTTP Proxy

Posted by Bob Arnott <bo...@autonomy.com>.
Bob Arnott wrote:
> Hello, I have an issue where one of the POST parameters I set is
> being duplicated. I don't know if it's within my HTTP server or
> be sent over the wire by HTTP Client.
>
> Can anyone recommend a HTTP monitor / logging proxy type thing
> that I could put between HTTP Client and my HTTP server and see
> what's being sent each way...?

I'm an arse, that's why there is the wire logger stuff...

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott

Re: AW: HTTP Proxy

Posted by Bob Arnott <bo...@autonomy.com>.
dasKleineb@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> I had a same problem with a post method request.
> In my case, I forgot to instance a
> new PostMethod object and started the second
> request with the old PostMethod object.

I had a look at the wire logs and it's sending the correct POST
content as expected. I need to delve deeper as I only ever see
this issue when using HttpClient, I've never seen it with the
HttpURLConnection. Plus, it's only ever on one particular parameter,
so I think it's a problem our end.

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott

AW: HTTP Proxy

Posted by da...@gmx.net.
Hi Bob,

I had a same problem with a post method request.
In my case, I forgot to instance a
new PostMethod object and started the second
request with the old PostMethod object.

My logger showed something like
// first request content
 httpclient.wire.content: >> a=1&b=2"

// second request content
 httpclient.wire.content: >> a=1&b=2&a=1&b=2"

Maybe that it.

Good luck,

Bastian

----