Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de> on 2001/11/28 10:26:33 UTC

Re: Authenticating SOAP Messages

> In our application, we are able to send the SOAP requests and responses.
> But how can I authorise those requests.In our normal scenario, we
> authenticate the user with pin/password and then he'll access the
> authorised functions.But in this SOAP scenario,whatever request comes,
> without authentication, should I  allow them to get the response. One
> condition I'm assuming is allowing for only registered IP addresses.But
> this may not be a feasible one.
>
> Can you please suggest any existing mechanisms to do this.I've to
> implement this in our application.

Maybe you can use the Apache XML Security package [1] for creating SOAP
Signatures using XML Signature. Whether digital signatures inside the SOAP
msg do meet the goal depends on your security requirements.

Christian

[1] http://xml.apache.org/security/

Re: Authenticating SOAP Messages

Posted by Steve Jones <st...@netdecisions.com>.
We used SOAP on a project here and to make it secure did the following

1) Had authorisation _in_ the service, the service was a facade that
only connected to real services post initialisation.

That was okay but the real security was outside in Tomcat where we did

2) SOAP/SSL with client side certificates.  Simple certficiate
registration process.

This meant that we had two pieces of information required 1) The persons
username/password combination and 2) The remote systems client side
certificate had to be valid.

Steve Jones

Posted by Steve Jones <st...@netdecisions.com>.

Re: problem on register user-defined serializer/deserializer.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
If the problem was Tomcat finding the class, I think you would get
ClassNotFound or something like that.  Can you attach your deployment
descriptor?  Perhaps someone else will see a problem that you do not.

Scott

RE: Serializers

Posted by Brian Clifton <b....@salford.ac.uk>.
Hi to All,

	I have a problem with Serializers. Whenever I try to invoke one my
Tomcat/Soap environment aborts with no error message and nothing in the log.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian M Clifton

RE: Serializers