Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2015/10/28 02:24:47 UTC

Minute Incubation web site

Hi,

Currently our web site gives a Not Found page [1]. There are several options for creating an Apache web site [2] which do we want to go with? I think I’ve also seen content pulled from github, but would need to double check that.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://mynewt.incubator.apache.org
2. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#create-website

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> 1) I don't think gitwcsub can publish from a github repo

Sorry I should of been clearer. Not any random github repo no, but one located here [1] just like [2].

> Seems we should be able to clone the github docco, and push it into an
> asf-site branch here (per the instructions you ref'd).

Yep.

Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/mynewt-www
2. https://github.com/apache/couchdb-www

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >  I need my ASF account (as a committer) set up before I can get started
> with their CMS.
>
> I believe your account has been created.
>
> > We want to put up a basic Mynewt incubator project website as soon as
> possible. I was thinking of using the Apache CMS to publish the
> documentation that is currently on the github repository (I can push the
> local repo to the Apache SVN)
>
> Looking a little further into it you may want to cosider publishing out of
> github into the Apache CMS using infra supported gitwcsub. [1]

Two things:

1) I don't think gitwcsub can publish from a github repo
2) we should have the website local to the ASF anyways

Seems we should be able to clone the github docco, and push it into an
asf-site branch here (per the instructions you ref'd).

Cheers,
-g

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>  I need my ASF account (as a committer) set up before I can get started with their CMS.

I believe your account has been created.

> We want to put up a basic Mynewt incubator project website as soon as possible. I was thinking of using the Apache CMS to publish the documentation that is currently on the github repository (I can push the local repo to the Apache SVN)

Looking a little further into it you may want to cosider publishing out of github into the Apache CMS using infra supported gitwcsub. [1]

That to me seem the least amount of work and means all content is in the same place. Could also accept pull requests etc etc

You’ll need to raise a infra JIRA to add support for this.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available

Re: Minute Incubation web site

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Justin,

You just caught me sending out this email :) I need my ASF account (as a committer) set up before I can get started with their CMS. According the ASF guidelines that could take up to 2 weeks after the request is placed. I believe the request has already gone in, right?

We want to put up a basic Mynewt incubator project website as soon as possible. I was thinking of using the Apache CMS to publish the documentation that is currently on the github repository (I can push the local repo to the Apache SVN) along with sections on/links to additional material such as:
* Project objectives
* Roadmap
* Wish lists
* mailing lists
* Downloads e.g. latest newt tool builds
* JIRA bug tracker
* Committers

We will also eventually look into getting external help for developing a more polished and attractive website. In the meantime, suggestions and feedback on the initial site will be much appreciated from everyone.

thanks,
aditi

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi everyone,

A seed of a website is up at https://mynewt.incubator.apache.org <https://mynewt.incubator.apache.org/>. It is pulling content from asf-site branch of the asp repo at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-site.git

I will be adding content to it…but as “wes3" until my account gets set up (turns out I never responded to the first ASF mail in time).

thanks,
aditi

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.