Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Jonathan Schneider <jo...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/24 23:21:56 UTC

Tinkerpop 3.0.0-M8-incubator with jitpack.io

All,

I tried pulling M8 with jitpack, but it failed because jitpack is trying to
build the source with JDK 8u25.

The devs have indicated that they will upgrade to 45 this weekend:
https://github.com/jitpack/jitpack.io/issues/40

Odd that this is issue number 40 and that was a release of JDK8 right ;) ?

Here is the latest build log:
https://jitpack.io/com/github/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/3.0.0.M8-incubating/build.log

Jon

Re: Tinkerpop 3.0.0-M8-incubator with jitpack.io

Posted by Jonathan Schneider <jo...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Stephen,

A couple weeks ago I thought that this should not be a hard requirement, so
I forked the repo internally at Netflix, altered the enforcer plugin config
and tried to build.  Got a compilation error like this:

An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.8.0_25). Please file a
bug at the Java Developer Connection
(http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
your report.  Thank you.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.tools.javac.code.Types.isConvertible(Types.java:290)
	at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Check.assertConvertible(Check.java:922)
	at com.sun.tools.javac.comp.Check.checkMethod(Check.java:876)

So this IS indeed a hard requirement, at least at compile time.  The
binaries do run fine on 8u25.

Jon

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.