Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Stephen Hamer <st...@xobni.com> on 2010/07/01 02:37:51 UTC

RE: live nodes list in ring

When this happens to me I have to do a full cluster restart. Even doing a rolling restart across the cluster doesn’t seem to fix them, all of the nodes need to be stopped at the same time. After bringing everything back up the ring is correct.

Does anyone know how a cluster gets into this state?

Stephen

Posted by 王一锋 <wa...@aspire-tech.com>.
problem solved with a full cluster stop and then start~

Thanks Stephen.
But still wondering the reason

2010-07-01

Re: Re: live nodes list in ring

Posted by 王一锋 <wa...@aspire-tech.com>.
To me, this happens all in a sudden. No nodes removed nor new nodes joined

2010-07-01

Does this happen after you have changed the ring topology, especially
adding nodes?

Re: live nodes list in ring

Posted by Artie Copeland <ye...@gmail.com>.
Benjamin,

Yes i have seen this when adding a new node into the cluster.  the new node
doesnt see the complete ring through nodetool, but the strange part is that
looking at the ring through jconsole shows the complete ring.  it as if
there is a big in nodetool publishing the actual ring.  has anyone seen that
scenario.  while in this situation is does appear that the cluster is
functioning correctly with replicating data, just cant trust nodetools ring
information.

Artie

Re: live nodes list in ring

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.