Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gaz jones <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/12 17:23:50 UTC

instantiating components directly

hi, something i would find very useful (and something you can do in
asp.net O_o) is to instantiate components in a page or component class
and them add them to the component hierarchy to be rendered. it gives
you a lot of flexibility...

is this in fact possible in tapestry and im missing something, or is
it something that has been considered for future releases? all those
abstract classes seem to make it a bit tricksy...

cheers
gareth

Re: instantiating components directly

Posted by Jorge Quiroga <jq...@pctltda.com>.
This issue about dynamic component generation should be considered
seriously for the next major release, because is very necessary and
asked by the community, after all, if almost all are components it
should be possible (if ASP.NET and others can, why not tapestry?).

I'm newbie with T4, and that T4 cannot do it has been very annoying and
for some cases (specially when navigation is defined by state) I have to
choose the less simpler path, and the most simple is one of the claimed
policies in Tapestry, of course T4 isn`t a web panacea, but this is a
really community need.

Thanks.

JQ

Re: instantiating components directly

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
not possible, not recommended aso.
search "dynamic" in the subject lines of that list, and see what the
people write.
cheers,
Ron