Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org> on 2018/02/02 08:07:26 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

This is a voting thread for Libcloud 2.3.0. It includes all the changes
from trunk which have landed there since v2.2.1.

Most notable changes is the dropping of support for Python 2.6 and 3.3,
both of which are unsupported distributions.

There are new drivers for UpCloud, Digital Ocean Spaces, bugfixes and
improvements for many other drivers.

Full list of changes can be found at
https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/CHANGES.rst#changes-in-apache-libcloud-230

Release artifacts can be found at
*http://people.apache.org/~anthonyshaw/libcloud/2.3.0/
<http://people.apache.org/~anthonyshaw/libcloud/2.3.0/>*

Note that KEYS file can found at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/libcloud/KEYS

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

Vote will be open until February 7th if required.

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com>.
gentle ping

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anthony!

I tested the .whl file and I'm +1 on the content of the release even
though I can't vote just yet.

However the tests don't pass with Python 2.7 [0] due to the recent
release of pytest 3.4 which has incompatible logging changes:
https://github.com/apache/libcloud/pull/1170 is needed to fix the
tests. (Tests only fail on Python 2.7 because paramiko is only tested
on Python 2.7.)

[0]: https://travis-ci.org/apache/libcloud/jobs/336449747

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
This voting thread is now closed.