Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> on 2010/02/18 13:33:58 UTC

Re: Tomcat does not start for slave activeMQ Broker in jdbc master slave cluster environment

Hi,

 I'm not sure about your setup, but you cannot have a slave broker in an
active Tomcat instance. In case you're going to use your second Tomcat
instance as a "slave" as well, then you have it since it will start when
slave ActiveMQ obtain the lock. In case both Tomcat instances need to use
the same broker, then you'll need a standalone ActiveMQ installation. The
other option is that every Tomcat use their own broker, which can be then
connected together in the network.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by Albrecht Militzer <am...@web.de>.
Hello Dejan,

>  but you cannot have a slave broker in an active Tomcat instance.

thanks. That is what was troubling me. An identical config with standalone
brokers worked.

Is there any specific reason why embedded brokers and master/slave are not
orthogonal? Did I miss this somewhere in the docs?

Bye

Albrecht