Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shiyao Ma <i...@introo.me> on 2015/07/20 04:30:25 UTC

HDFS how to specify the exact datanode to put data on?

Hi,

I'd like to put my data selectively on some datanodes.

Currently I can do that by shutting down un-needed datanodes. But this is a
little laborsome.

Is it possible to directly specify the datanodes I'd like to put the data
on when doing operations like: hdfs dfs -put /

TIA.

--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttps://introo.me <http://introo.me>。

Re: HDFS how to specify the exact datanode to put data on?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
DFSClient#create() allows you to pass favored nodes.

Does that serve your needs ?

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.
May I ask why you need to do that?  Y not let Hadoop handle that for u?

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.