Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl> on 2012/01/10 17:16:39 UTC

VM deployment with Whirr

Hi all,

I would like to use Whirr to setup a (libvirt) VM, deploy a service on
it, do some testing and then tear down the VM. Is this possible with
Whirr and if so how?
If not what needs to be added to support such a scenario?

Cheers,

Frank

Re: VM deployment with Whirr

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Actually the question should be "Is it possible with jclouds?" and
unfortunately the answer is
no. As far as I know there is no "libvirt" provider.

A possible workaround is to create your own scripts that create & teardown
the VM and run
them outside of Whirr. The setup script should als generate a .yaml file
that can be used
by Whirr with the BYON provider.

See:
* https://github.com/andreisavu/whirr/blob/trunk/recipes/nodes-byon.yaml
*
https://github.com/andreisavu/whirr/blob/trunk/recipes/zookeeper-byon.properties

... and it would be great if you could share the libvirt setup / teardown
scripts with us :)

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro