Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "kiran.bodigam" <ki...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/25 13:46:24 UTC

How many defaultsearchfields we can have in one schema.xml file?

In my schema i have defined below tag for indexing the fields because in my
use case except the uniquekey remaining fields needs to be indexed as it is
(with same datatype)
<dynamicField name="*" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" />

Here i would like to search all of them with out field name unfortunately i
can't put all of them using <defaultSearchField> option coz its dynamicfield
? how to make all of them default search please suggest?

Re: How many defaultsearchfields we can have in one schema.xml file?

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@googlemail.com>.
only one field can be a default. use copy field and copy the fields
you need to search into a single field and set the copy field to be
the default. That might be ok depending upon your circumstances