Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by MKGoose <M...@monkeygoose.com> on 2015/03/24 02:26:57 UTC

SolrFaceting -Help improving suggestions tag

Whenever a term is searched, we display the results and related tags. (We
provide tags to each post using pre defined tags library) We would like to
improve the tag suggestions to the user with a mix of relevancy and facet
count

In the current implementation, related tags are shown based on facet counts
for the search. But we intend to use combination of search relevance score
(using lucene which uses vestor space model) with the search query and the
facet count both.

We tried implementing the following :

Suggesting the tags to the user on the custom score that is uses facet count
and search relevance score both. Mathematical model:

CustomScore= ((score - 1) * 0.3 + 1) * facetCount
score - Actual score of the faceted tags that lucene gives when searched
against the search query.
facetCount - Facet count of the results extracted from the searches shown to
the user.
0.3 - Boost factor

Any suggestion on this approach or better ways to get better tags based on
relevancy and facet count?