Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by mukesh agrawal <mk...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 14:59:29 UTC

GSoC 2013 Participation

Hi,

I am a final year student of computer science dept. from IIT Delhi. I am
really keen to participate in GSoC 2013 through one of the ASF projects.

I was going through the Apache projects' list where I found Airavata as one
of the most interesting one. I also went through the basic tutorials
available at
http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/quickstart-tutorials.html to have
a good understanding of it. But I am still not able to understand it
thoroughly but I am working on it.

Having a good background in computer science, I hope I will be able to
contribute to one of the Airavata projects. It would be really appreciable
if you could please guide me for the same.

Also please let me know if you need any other details.

Regards
Mukesh Kumar Agrawal
Final Year Undergraduate
Dept. Of Computer Science And Engg.
IIT Delhi

Re: GSoC 2013 Participation

Posted by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Airavata. Quickstart is a good starting point. You can find more details about the project and usage on the wiki [1] page. Playing with the code always help. Danushka and others have put together a wiki page on airavata and related literature [3], which can be useful. I will suggest you to go through Uniqueness of Airavata email thread [2]. Please feel free to ask any design/code/documentation questions to the list.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/index
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airavata-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCAF4V%3D3GoXOcVtS_j3%3DByoPORd%3D7j83AJzxiG%2Boyi7CG3F%3Dud%3DQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Related+Research+Literature

Thanks