Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 21:05:01 UTC

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo version
1.4.0.

The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.0rc6

To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
 src/assemble/build.sh

Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
 http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.0rc6

Maven Staged Repository:
 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-116

SVN tag:
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.0rc6

Keys:
 http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/accumulo/KEYS

Changes:
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.0rc6/CHANGES

The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.

 * Fixed example configurations
 * Fixed infrastructure links for graduation

Re: status of 1.3 (Was: Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6)

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
As it turns out, it's really easy to build the libthrift jar.  To build the 1.3 branch, you should just have to do the following.  I won't be able to verify this is sufficient until our old website is taken down.

svn export https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift/tags/thrift-0.3.0
cd thrift-0.3.0/lib/java/
ant
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=libthrift.jar -DgroupId=org.apache.accumulo.thrift \
   -DartifactId=libthrift -Dversion=0.3 -Dpackaging=jar

Billie

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by John Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<bi...@ugov.gov> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:57:19 PM, "Benson Margulies" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cool. Thanks. I just want to spare us all any drama.
>
> Speaking of which, we've made a mistake in the way we handled the dependence of the 1.3 branch on thrift 0.3 (see comments on INFRA-4571).
>
> As a result, the 1.3.5-incubating release will no longer build from source.  Should we remove this release?
>
> Ideally we would make a 1.3.6 release to replace 1.3.5-incubating.  However, I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve the issue of thrift 0.3 dependence.  Does anyone have suggestions about this?
>
> Billie

This probably puts us back in the situation we were in before, where
it will build if the old version of thrift is already in the local
maven repo somehow.

status of 1.3 (Was: Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6)

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by John Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
+1
hashes are good
Sigs are good
Docs are good
build.sh ran fine

John

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
This vote passes with 3 +1 votes from PMC members and no other votes.

Billie

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
 +1