Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by George Austin <ga...@benefitsxml.com> on 2003/05/06 14:47:23 UTC

WSDL2Java Error (Element is referenced but not defined)

I'm trying to run the WSDL2Java code generator on the WSDL returned from the
sample message service
(http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService?wsdl) and get the
following error:

C:\axis-1_1RC2>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -s MessageService.wsdl
java.io.IOException: Element {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}echoElements
is referenced but not defined.
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.j
ava:527)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:422)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:408)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:393)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:245)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The MessageService.wsdl contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"
xmlns:intf="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><wsdl:types><schema
targetNamespace="" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><import
namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/><element
name="echoElements" type="xsd:anyType"/><element name="echoElementsReturn"
type="xsd:anyType"/></schema></wsdl:types>
  <wsdl:message name="echoElementsRequest">
    <wsdl:part element="echoElements" name="part"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="echoElementsResponse">
    <wsdl:part element="echoElementsReturn" name="echoElementsReturn"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:portType name="MessageService">
    <wsdl:operation name="echoElements">
      <wsdl:input message="intf:echoElementsRequest"
name="echoElementsRequest"/>
      <wsdl:output message="intf:echoElementsResponse"
name="echoElementsResponse"/>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
  <wsdl:binding name="MessageServiceSoapBinding" type="intf:MessageService">
    <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
    <wsdl:operation name="echoElements">
      <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <wsdl:input name="echoElementsRequest">
        <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"
use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output name="echoElementsResponse">
        <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"
use="literal"/>
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>
  <wsdl:service name="MessageServiceService">
    <wsdl:port binding="intf:MessageServiceSoapBinding"
name="MessageService">
      <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/MessageService"/>
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

I first noticed this error using the WSDL from a service I wrote and
deployed under Axis.  So I thought I would try one of the generated WSDLs
from the samples, but I get the same error.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

George

RE: WSDL2Java Error (Element is referenced but not defined)

Posted by Bhanu Pabreja <pa...@infigroup.com>.
great I am not the only one who is getting this bug I have posted a similar
post
with subject:Document Style Web Service bug ...

If you get any hint please make a detailed post ...

BP