Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Mesika, Asaf" <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/13 01:21:49 UTC

Counters implementation

Hi,

Can anyone reference me to an article/blog detailing how Counters are implemented in HBase?

We get very low throughput of batch of Increment relative to batch of Put, and I would like to investigate why, by understanding the basic workflow on updating a counter - does it use block-cache? Does it access disk (IO) on each Increment (to read latest value) ?

Tnx,

Asaf

Re: Counters implementation

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.