Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Peter S. Hamlen" <ph...@mail.com> on 2002/10/29 18:25:11 UTC

Sorting within an Iterate tag

I'm sure other people have encountered this, and I hope someone has a
simple answer somewhere:

We display lists throughout our Struts application, and depending on the
screen, the lists need to be sorted differently.  Is there a useful
SortedIterate tag or somesuch out there?

Example:
We often show a list of events which a person is attending.
	In some cases, we want to show those events as a Calendar.
	In other cases, we want to show those events in order of which are most
booked (ie, have the most attendees)
	In yet other cases, we want to show those event in order of which are
most expensive.

In all three cases, there's a property of the object (anEvent) on which
the list could be sorted.

Is there anything like that out there, or should I start writing it?

-Peter