Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Locke <ma...@freelock.com> on 2003/08/04 20:59:50 UTC

[Fwd: Caching password in Windows 98]

Hello, all,

There's a serious usability problem with TortoiseSVN on Windows 98, and
according to Stefan, it has to do with the APR utilities in Subversion.
He says he has a patch that fixes the problem, but it hasn't been
accepted into the Subversion source. Any chance of getting this patch
in?

I'm trying to host subversion repositories for some of my small business
clients. Using a command line client to get their working copy up and
running is way too intimidating for them--and I'd like to not have to
drive all over the place just to get their access up and running. I'd
like to be able to just give them the TortoiseSVN installer, and
instructions for connecting to my repository.

What's holding up the acceptance of Stefan's patch?

Thanks,
John Locke

Posted by SteveKing <st...@tigris.org>.
> > There's a serious usability problem with TortoiseSVN on Windows 98, and
> > according to Stefan, it has to do with the APR utilities in Subversion.
> > He says he has a patch that fixes the problem, but it hasn't been
> > accepted into the Subversion source. Any chance of getting this patch
> > in?
> >
> > I'm trying to host subversion repositories for some of my small business
> > clients. Using a command line client to get their working copy up and
> > running is way too intimidating for them--and I'd like to not have to
> > drive all over the place just to get their access up and running. I'd
> > like to be able to just give them the TortoiseSVN installer, and
> > instructions for connecting to my repository.
> >
> > What's holding up the acceptance of Stefan's patch?
>
> Probably just that people are busy and didn't know how important it
> was... Do you or Stefan have a reference for the patch?

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgId=256035

Stefan

Re: [Fwd: Caching password in Windows 98]

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
John Locke <ma...@freelock.com> writes:
> There's a serious usability problem with TortoiseSVN on Windows 98, and
> according to Stefan, it has to do with the APR utilities in Subversion.
> He says he has a patch that fixes the problem, but it hasn't been
> accepted into the Subversion source. Any chance of getting this patch
> in?
>
> I'm trying to host subversion repositories for some of my small business
> clients. Using a command line client to get their working copy up and
> running is way too intimidating for them--and I'd like to not have to
> drive all over the place just to get their access up and running. I'd
> like to be able to just give them the TortoiseSVN installer, and
> instructions for connecting to my repository.
>
> What's holding up the acceptance of Stefan's patch?

Probably just that people are busy and didn't know how important it
was... Do you or Stefan have a reference for the patch?

-Karl