Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/27 17:00:28 UTC

Apache Arrow sync now

https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx

I'm unable to join on account of the Thanksgiving holiday, but others
are welcome to discuss and share call notes after

Re: Apache Arrow sync now

Posted by Francois Saint-Jacques <fs...@gmail.com>.
Attendees:
- Micah Kornfield, Google
- Praveen Kumar, Dremio
- Todd Hendricks
- François Saint-Jacques RStudio/Ursa Labs

Subject
- Bazel. Micah wants feedback on the PR. This first is aimed a
developer productivity, notably shorter link time and sandboxed build.
As a first PoC, parts of the python library can be built directly from
Bazel.
- Java/C++ bridge. Micah wanted to bring the subject JNI bridge and
other methods to access C++ code in Java. Francois proposed that we
first create a jni PoC to pass RecordBatch from C++ to Java [1].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-7272