Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Pannell <st...@zooplus.com> on 2006/02/21 14:49:43 UTC

Remove Excess whitespace from jsp

Hi,

Is there a way to configure tomcat to remove the excess whitespace that is
left over when tomcat parses the jsp tags.  There is lots of blank lines
left over in my html were the jsp tags use to be and I want to remove them.
sometimes I get stuff like (this is just an example):

<title>

    hello world

</title>

Because of the tags.  Bit nasty really.

thx.
Steve.

Re: Remove Excess whitespace from jsp

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 2/21/06, Steven Pannell <st...@zooplus.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to configure tomcat to remove the excess whitespace that is
> left over when tomcat parses the jsp tags.
<snip/>

Configuring Jasper to trim spaces [1] should help some. If justified,
a compaction filter could be introduced as well.

-Rahul

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html#Configuration