Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com> on 2004/04/20 23:38:31 UTC

Re: [Springframework-developer] Tapestry FAQ link to Spring integration article broken

Can one of the Tapestry committers fix the link to Spring-Tapestry
integration doc? It's currently broken as the document was moved into
the main spring manual. The correct link is down below.

Thanks,
Colin

Problems with introspection

Posted by Andreas Winter <an...@art-of-object.de>.
Consider the following setup:

An abstract component class X with an abstract getter and setter for a
property prop.

An abstract component subclass SubX which implements both the getter and
the setter of prop.

Now if you use SubX you get the following exception:

ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to enhance class
de.aoo.tapestry.form.SimplePropertySelection because it implements a
non-abstract write method for property 'value'.

The problem is caused by
ComponentClassFactory.isImplemented(PropertyDescriptor pd) which returns
false despite the fact that both methods are implemented in SubX (the
exception is not thrown there).

In turn this is caused by the Introspector which answers a BeanInfo
which mixes the abtract getter from X and the concrete setter from SubX
in the PropertyDescription.

The code example below may help to clarify this.

I consider this as a bug in Introspector, but anyway Tapestry should
provide a work around for this (I have rewritten Introspector and
patched Tapestry, maybe there is a simpler solution)

- Andreas

Sample code:
package de.aoo.test;

public abstract class Superclass {

	public abstract int getProp();

	public abstract void setProp(int i);
}

package de.aoo.test;

public class Subclass extends Superclass {

	public int getProp() {
		return 0;
	}

	public void setProp(int i) {
	}
}

package de.aoo.test;

import java.beans.BeanInfo;
import java.beans.IntrospectionException;
import java.beans.Introspector;
import java.beans.PropertyDescriptor;

public class Introspect {

	try {
		BeanInfo beanInfo = Introspector.getBeanInfo(Subclass.class);
		PropertyDescriptor[] descriptors = beanInfo.getPropertyDescriptors();

		for (int i = 0; i < descriptors.length; i++) {
			PropertyDescriptor descriptor = descriptors[i];
			System.out.println(descriptor.getReadMethod());
			System.out.println(descriptor.getWriteMethod());
		}
	} catch (IntrospectionException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	}
    }
}

RE: [Springframework-developer] Tapestry FAQ link to Spring integration article broken

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.
I fixed it.

Regards

D.