Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ba...@wellsfargo.com on 2014/04/08 17:21:30 UTC

log4j message suppression

Is there a way to suppress certain messages that we don't want to see in our activemq logs?

Re: log4j message suppression

Posted by Tom_Z <to...@arcor.de>.
First step is to configure logging in activemq.xml, see
http://activemq.apache.org/logging-interceptor.html:

			<loggingBrokerPlugin
				logConnectionEvents="true"
				logConsumerEvents="true"
				logMessageEvents="true"
				logProducerEvents="true"
				logTransactionEvents="true"/>

To see only messaging relevant messages we started suppressing messages by
classes and packages and using a higher log level:

log4j.logger.org.ops4j.pax.swissbox.bnd.BndUtils=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.apache.sshd.server=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.apache.felix.eventadmin=ERROR

But still to many events are logged.

Does anyone have more samples of useful logging settings?

Re: log4j message suppression

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Try tweaking the log configuration in log4j.properties to filter out unwanted
logs.
Hadrian