Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/18 17:25:24 UTC

hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period not being respected

I've set hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period on my client to 300000, but
I'm still getting errors showing that hbase is using the default value of
60000.

Any ideas why this is?

Thanks.

答复: hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period not being respected

Posted by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com>.
Did you rebounce your server cluster ?
Per HregionServer.java code :
    this.scannerLeaseTimeoutPeriod = conf.getInt(HConstants.HBASE_CLIENT_SCANNER_TIMEOUT_PERIOD,
      HConstants.DEFAULT_HBASE_CLIENT_SCANNER_TIMEOUT_PERIOD);
seems this parameter is used by server side as well

I am not an expert on it, hope hopeful for you:)

Best,
Liang
Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
That didn't work either.  I still get the ScannerTimeoutException.

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerTimeoutException: 327644ms passed
since the last invocation, timeout is currently set to 60000
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.next(HTable.java:1198)
        at
org.apache.gora.hbase.query.HBaseScannerResult.nextInner(HBaseScannerResult.java:50)
        at org.apache.gora.query.impl.ResultBase.next(ResultBase.java:112)
        at
org.apache.gora.mapreduce.GoraRecordReader.nextKeyValue(GoraRecordReader.java:111)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.nextKeyValue(MapTask.java:456)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.MapContext.nextKeyValue(MapContext.java:67)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:647)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:210)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: 6625683713189761658
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:1869)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor21.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:604)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1055)
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.decodeRemoteException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:96)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:83)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:38)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1285)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.next(HTable.java:1189)
        ... 9 more

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
I'll give that a try, but I don't recall getting any LeaseExceptions.  All
of the ones I saw were ScannerTimeoutExceptions.

Posted by Victor Jerlin <vi...@acuitsys.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.