Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christine Keim <im...@ycn.com> on 2002/06/15 18:39:10 UTC

possibility to pass the root-Object to digester

Hi,

i wanted to know if there is a possibility to pass to the digester the root-object
which he has to fill from xml. See, i use 2 DBs, and some informations come
from a relational db, while some come from Xindice. now, i first query the
data from the relational db, already generating the object which afterwards should hold
all the data, and afterwards i retrieve the XML from Xindice, which i want to transform
with Digester. Now, i already have my root-object, and i only need some attributes to
be filled (those which i add a MethodRule to). Is there a possibility to pass the
root-object to the digester or not (or is it maybe planned) ?

tia, Christine Keim

Re: possibility to pass the root-Object to digester

Posted by Christine Keim <im...@ycn.com>.
Thanks!!!!

This worked at the first try! :D

Christine

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Christine Keim wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:39:10 +0200
> From: Christine Keim <im...@ycn.com>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: possibility to pass the root-Object to digester
>
> Hi,
>
> i wanted to know if there is a possibility to pass to the digester the
> root-object which he has to fill from xml. See, i use 2 DBs, and some
> informations come from a relational db, while some come from Xindice.
> now, i first query the data from the relational db, already generating
> the object which afterwards should hold all the data, and afterwards i
> retrieve the XML from Xindice, which i want to transform with Digester.
> Now, i already have my root-object, and i only need some attributes to
> be filled (those which i add a MethodRule to). Is there a possibility to
> pass the root-object to the digester or not (or is it maybe planned) ?

This is actually really easy to do -- simply call the push() method,
passing in your root object, before you call parse().

> tia, Christine Keim

Craig