Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vladimir Bossicard <vl...@bossicard.com> on 2002/10/01 08:27:06 UTC

Newbie question: commons-logging integration

Hi all,

I'm sorry to pose such a trivial question but I have searched the web,
the manual and I haven't found the crystal clear answer. Sorry if this
question was asked 10,000 times.

I have integrated the commons-logging to Xindice and I want now to
execute the Xindice servlet within Tomcat.  I can make a deployment
without problem, everythings work.

The only problem is that my log messages is only partially logged into
catalina.out. I only see the SEVERE and INFO messages.  How can I set up
the logger to also receive the trace and debug messages?

I have tried to put a commons-logging properties almost everywhere
(/webapps, /webapps/Xindice, /webapps/Xindice/META-INF,
/webapps/Xindice/WEB-INF, /webapps/Xindice/conf) nothing works.

The content of the commons-logging properties is :
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=trace
org.apache.commons.logging.log.org.apache.xindice=trace

Can someone tell me how to configure this thing?

Thanks in advance

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir Bossicard