Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2009/04/07 01:03:23 UTC

Re: problem running on a cluster of mixed hardware due to "Incompatible" buildVersion of JobTracker adn TaskTracker

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>wrote:

> Hey Bill,
>
> I might be giving you bad advice (I've only verified this for HDFS
> components on the 0.19.x branch, not the JT/TT or the 0.18.x branch), but...
>
> In my understanding, Hadoop only compares the base SVN revision number, not
> the build strings.  Make sure that both have the SVN rev.  Our build
> machines don't have svn installed, so we actually have to generate the
> correct SVN rev, then submit it to the build clusters.  We certainly don't
> have our build time strings match up.

Nope - the JT/TT definitely do verify the entirety of the build string (at
least in the case when not built from SVN). I saw the same behavior as Bill
is reporting last week on 0.18.3.

-Todd

Re: problem running on a cluster of mixed hardware due to "Incompatible" buildVersion of JobTracker adn TaskTracker

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Ah yes, there you go ... so much for extrapolating on a Monday :).
Sorry Bill!

Brian