Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Wayne M. Henshaw" <wh...@progress.com> on 2004/12/15 22:09:54 UTC

Xalan-c 1.5 on HP-UX 11i Itanium

We are planning to use Xalan-C++ for a project, but need to use the 1.5
version for now. One platform that we'd like to use it on is HP-UX 11 on
Itanium. I realize that versions of Xalan prior to 1.8 don't have build
support for this platform. Assuming that we create the Makefile
ourselves, can we expect to have a decent chance of then building and
using Xalan 1.5 on HP Itanium? Or is there a known problem trying to do
this (in other words: was the work of adding build support in 1.8 pretty
much focused on defining a Makefile, or did it involve code changes)?

Thanks very much,
--Wayne Henshaw

Re: Xalan-c 1.5 on HP-UX 11i Itanium

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
Hi Wayne,

It was 99% Makefile and compiler options.  There may be issues with the
code, but you would face those with a newer version of aCC for HP-UX 11 on
PA_RISC anyway.

Dave

"Wayne M. Henshaw" <wh...@progress.com>
12/15/2004 01:09 PM
Please respond to xalan-c-users

        To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Xalan-c 1.5 on HP-UX 11i Itanium