Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by An Hong <An...@i365.com> on 2009/02/13 02:03:16 UTC

2.4.0 missing javadocs

Hi,
I wonder how come the API javadoc at http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/index.html is missing entries for classes like
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter, DocumentsWriterThreadState and many others.
Doing "ant javadocs" locally does not generate the javadoc for these classes either, and I'm seeing errors such as,

  [javadoc] javadoc: error - Error while reading file C:\svn\lucenestuff\lucene-2.4.0\contrib\ant\src\java\overview.html
  [javadoc] Generating C:\svn\lucenestuff\lucene-2.4.0\build\docs\api\contrib-ant\stylesheet.css...
  [javadoc] Note: Custom tags that could override future standard tags:  @todo. To avoid potential overrides, use at least one period character (.) in custom tag names.
  [javadoc] Note: Custom tags that were not seen:  @uml.property
  [javadoc] 1 error

Thanks,
An

Re: 2.4.0 missing javadocs

Posted by Paul Elschot <pa...@xs4all.nl>.
On Friday 13 February 2009 02:14:21 Michael McCandless wrote:

> An Hong wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I wonder how come the API javadoc at http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/index.html
> >  is missing entries for classes like
> > org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter, DocumentsWriterThreadState
> > and many others.
>
> That's because they're package private.

One can add the access="private" attribute to javadoc tasks in the build.xml file.
Other possible values are package, protected and public.

There used to be a javadocs-internal target with private access, but it was
removed when the javadocs building targets were extended some time ago:

Paul Elschot

Re: 2.4.0 missing javadocs

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.