Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Carmack <ka...@karmak.org> on 2003/01/04 05:45:04 UTC

[users@httpd] 2.0.43, mod_negotiation, and cgi

Under 2.0.43, mod_negotiation doesn't seem to pick up cgi files. This
is the first 2.0.x release I've tested, after coming from 1.3.x where
cgi and mod_negotiation work fine.

Content negotiation is enabled, and so is cgi. CGI works fine if you call
the script using the full filename, as in

      http://domain.com/path/file.cgi

but does not work if the extension is left off, as in:

      http://domain.com/path/file

Negotiation works fine for .html, .shtml, .php, .txt..., basically
everything except .cgi. This is what shows up in the error log (the
file in this case was called test4.cgi):

[Sat Jan 04 04:27:06 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /net/testhost.karmak.org/www/test4 (None could be negotiated).

I checked the docs, but didn't see any mention of negotiation behaving
differently with cgi in 2.0. Any ideas?

m.

Re: [users@httpd] 2.0.43, mod_negotiation, and cgi

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Michael Carmack wrote:

> Under 2.0.43, mod_negotiation doesn't seem to pick up cgi files. This
> is the first 2.0.x release I've tested, after coming from 1.3.x where
> cgi and mod_negotiation work fine.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#multiviewsmatch

Joshua.