Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com> on 2007/04/11 20:56:29 UTC

Issues with sending and Recieve messages to a Queue

Hi ,
1)I have integaret JBOSS  with ActiveMQ.
2) create *-ds.xml to configure connection factory and inbound and outbound
resources.
3) I have One Session bean and 4 MDB to send and recive message .
  in jboss.xml i have defined destination-jndi-name for every MDB .Assuming
on deployment it will create Queue
  and send/Recieve message in defined queues .

But it is not  happen , it waits for long time , probably i miss something ,
Can anyone help me to figure out what may be the problem.

Thanks,
Arabinda

Re: Issues with sending and Recieve messages to a Queue

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure - it looks like a classloader issue; do you maybe have
multiple JMS API jars?

On 4/12/07, Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com> wrote:

> For example i have an MDB defined in jboss.xml
> <message-driven>
>          <ejb-name>PublishMDB</ejb-name>
>          <destination-jndi-name>queue/PublishQueue</destination-jndi-name>
>
>       </message-driven>
>
> and i have define this queue in active-jms-ds.xml
>
> i got the error
>
>  [org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule] Deploying PublishMDB
> 2007-04-12 01:14:35,832 WARN
> [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] JMS provider failure
> detected:
> org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during queue setup; - nested
> throwable: (java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue)
>         at
> org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:39)
>         at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:898)
>         at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:922)
>         at
> org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:272)
>         at
> org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:222)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
>
> Have any one any idea why this happen. ?
>
> In my application server container have both JMS(JbossMQ and ActiveMQ)
>
> Thanks,
> Arabinda
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > There's not much to go on. Are there any issues in the log? What do
> > things look like in JMX?
> >
> > On 4/11/07, Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi ,
> >> 1)I have integaret JBOSS  with ActiveMQ.
> >> 2) create *-ds.xml to configure connection factory and inbound and
> >> outbound
> >> resources.
> >> 3) I have One Session bean and 4 MDB to send and recive message .
> >>   in jboss.xml i have defined destination-jndi-name for every MDB
> >> .Assuming
> >> on deployment it will create Queue
> >>   and send/Recieve message in defined queues .
> >>
> >> But it is not  happen , it waits for long time , probably i miss
> >> something ,
> >> Can anyone help me to figure out what may be the problem.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Arabinda
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

James
-------

Posted by Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com>.
Hi,
Now i am able to configure nearly 20 MDB and destination type , all
configuration are quite running well,
but when i am trying to send morethan one message to Queue , the MDB listen
on that queue still waits for
 a long to process .Sometime it process and sometime didn't , When i restart
JBOSS it works for only one message .

Can you please suggest something , i am realy stuck here .

My JMS factory is .

<bean id="jmsFactory" class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
		<property name="brokerURL" value="vm://localhost"/>
	</bean>

and MDB are configured as it is in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml .
On sending message it hangs , like it is waiting some Queue to be processed
.

in ejb-jar.xml

<message-driven>
			<ejb-name>GSPurchaseOrderProcessingWorkflow</ejb-name>

<ejb-class>com.nubridges.service.workflow.adaptors.JMSQueueAdaptor</ejb-class>
			<!--<configuration-name>Singleton Message Driven
Bean</configuration-name> -->
			<message-selector>workflowName =
'GSPurchaseOrderProcessingWorkflow'</message-selector>
			<messaging-type>javax.jms.MessageListener</messaging-type>

         <activation-config>
			<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>queue.WorkflowServiceQueue</activation-config-property-value>
            </activation-config-property>
		    <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>
            </activation-config-property>
			<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>acknowledgeMode</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>Auto-acknowledge</activation-config-property-value>
            </activation-config-property>
            <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>messageSelector</activation-config-property-name>
               <activation-config-property-value/>
            </activation-config-property>
         </activation-config>
		</message-driven>

For a mdb .

Thanks,
Arabinda

Posted by Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
There's not much to go on. Are there any issues in the log? What do
things look like in JMX?

On 4/11/07, Arabinda <ar...@nagarro.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> 1)I have integaret JBOSS  with ActiveMQ.
> 2) create *-ds.xml to configure connection factory and inbound and outbound
> resources.
> 3) I have One Session bean and 4 MDB to send and recive message .
>   in jboss.xml i have defined destination-jndi-name for every MDB .Assuming
> on deployment it will create Queue
>   and send/Recieve message in defined queues .
>
> But it is not  happen , it waits for long time , probably i miss something ,
> Can anyone help me to figure out what may be the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Arabinda

James
-------