Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2014/10/17 02:57:59 UTC

Maven reporting plugins

I just applied Alex's pull request [1] that adds a bunch of reporting to the Maven build. I haven't studied the actual reports yet (there's lots of them). Just verified that Cayenne builds. It does, but now it requires more PermGen, so I updated our Maven requirements [2]:

MAVEN_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"

There's also a new 'fast-and-dirty' profile that skips the reports. I am considering actually making it the default, and enabling reports explicitly with "slow-and-clean" profile :) Also since we still need to agree upon the rules, all the checks do not fail the build, but simply complain to STDOUT.

Anyways, feel free to play with it and comment on the rules. The actual rules XML files are very extensive. But I guess since that's in git and everyone will see the warnings on the console, we'll gradually tweak them to a sensible set.

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/18
[2] http://cayenne.apache.org/dev/building-cayenne.html