Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/23 00:27:29 UTC

node remains unused after reboot

Hello!

I am using hadoop-2.7.1. I have a large map job running (total cores available on the cluster about 3000, total tasks 35000).
In the middle of this process one server reboots.

After reboot, nodemanager starts successfully end registers with resource manager:
2015-09-23 01:06:24,656 INFO  [main] nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl (NodeStatusUpdaterImpl.java:registerWithRM(311)) - Notifying ContainerManager to unblock new container-requests

In YARN web-interface I see this host as active, but VCores used remains zero (see screenshot).
But the map job mentioned is still running and have about 12000 pending tasks.

Why this host does not receive tasks to run?

PS: I recently upgraded from 2.4.1 and I did not notice such a problem with 2.4.1: new tasks were spawning immediately after reboot.

Thanks!

Re: node remains unused after reboot

Posted by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.
> On 23 сент. 2015 г., at 22:08, Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for the late Reply, thought of providing you some search strings for blackListing hence got lil delayed.
> As varun mentioned it looks more like app blacklisting case.  mapreduce.job.maxtaskfailures.per.tracker which is by default 3, so probability as per the scenario mentioned by you is that the node is getting black listed.
> You can search for Info logs with string as "Blacklisted host <host>" from RMContainerRequestor class.

Thanks for the hint!
Yes, I see from the logs that this node was blacklisted.

Re: node remains unused after reboot

Posted by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late Reply, thought of providing you some search strings for
blackListing hence got lil delayed.
As varun mentioned it looks more like app blacklisting case.
mapreduce.job.maxtaskfailures.per.tracker which is by default 3, so
probability as per the scenario mentioned by you is that the node is
getting black listed.
You can search for Info logs with string as "*Blacklisted host <host>*"
from RMContainerRequestor class.

*What does these mean?*
As per the defect in *YARN-3990, *if there are more events clogged (got
from the logs as *Size of event-queue is 14000*) then there is possibility
that events are getting delayed and hence there is delay in assignment but
as per descriptions shared by you, it seems like not this case. But how
many finished applications were there ?  more nodes and more
apps(finished/running) can cause this.

+ Naga

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.