Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Conelly, Luis (GNF, Contractor)" <Lu...@gnf.com> on 2004/05/04 15:22:55 UTC

Precompile JSP files with WL 5.10sp9

Hi,

	I am trying to precompile JSP files with WL. I have not WL locally, but I have all required jar files.

	I looked into http://marc.theaimsgroup.com, but not a clear solution came up. I got following snippet of code from there:

[SNIP]
        <path id="wl-classpath">
            <fileset dir="${app.home}/lib/weblogic" >
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
            </fileset>
       </path>
       <path id="app-classpath">
            <fileset dir="${app.home}/lib" >
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                <include name="**/*.zip"/>
            </fileset>
            <fileset dir="${dist.home}/${DSTAMP}">
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
            </fileset>
        </path>

    <target name="precomp-jsp">
        <echo> Calling Weblogic Precompilation for JSP files...</echo>
        <pathconvert property="jspc_classpath" refid="app-classpath" dirsep="/" pathsep=";"/>
        <java classname="weblogic.jspc" fork="yes" classpathref="wl-classpath">
            <arg value="-verbose"/>
            <arg value="-deprecation"/>
            <arg line="-docroot ${app.home}/public-html/" />
            <arg line="-contextPath ${context}" />
            <arg line="-classpath ${jspc_classpath}" />
        </java>
    </target>
[SNIP]

	Here's the issue:

	When I set [pathsep] attribute with ";", I got a message which says "Nothing to do", preceded with the usage of [weblogic.jspc] command (this is, shows all the options as if I write 'weblogic.jspc -help' in the command line).
	On the other way around, when I set [pathsep] attribute with " " (empty space), I got a message which says:
[SNIP]
     [java] ERROR: Source file
     [java] C:/Projects/GNF/lib/EmailProduction.jar
     [java] can not be found in the docroot
     [java] C:/Projects/GNF/eDocs_Staging/public-html
     [java] Put the source in the docroot or specify the correct docroot with jspc option "-docroot".
[SNIP]

	In this last case, the jar reported not found in docroot is the second jar in the list after <pathconvert>

	And in neither of the cases I got the JSP files precompiled...

	Does anybody has a pointer? Any web page or commet will be gladly welcome.

Luis G Conelly
Softtek
Phone (52) 449.910.7308  DC *879.7308
Mobile (52) 449.123.8749
Fax     (52) 449.910.7801
www.softtek.com

IMPORTANT: The documents and files attached to this transmission contain confidential information that must be kept secret by law. This information is for the exclusive use of the specified recipient whose name appears in this transmission. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the file and its attachments. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying, distribution or adoption of any action arising from the confidential information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Any violation will be penalized by law.

RE: Using fork with taskdef

Posted by Pawanraj Sadhwani <pa...@elitecore.com>.
hi kris,

My guess is that you are using a lot of antcalls?? if yes, the macrodef
would help? ant 1.6 that is.

try increasing memory size of the JVM in the ant.bat file using JAVA_OPTS
something like -Xmx300m

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Pawan