Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com> on 2003/12/28 07:14:01 UTC

Portlet Preferences and Server Clustering

Hi,

In the portlet specification, I didn't see anything about portlet
preferences and server clustering. If I had two portals running on different
servers with the same set of portlets, I should be able to set up some sort
of cluster at the portal server level to share preferences between the two
machines, correct?

It looks like this isn't specified in the portlet specification, since it is
server behavior, but is there any reason portal vendors couldn't implement
this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Portlet Preferences and Server Clustering

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Saturday, December 27, 2003, at 10:14  PM, Jeff Linwood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the portlet specification, I didn't see anything about portlet
> preferences and server clustering. If I had two portals running on
> different
> servers with the same set of portlets, I should be able to set up some
> sort
> of cluster at the portal server level to share preferences between the
> two
> machines, correct?
>
> It looks like this isn't specified in the portlet specification, since
> it is
> server behavior, but is there any reason portal vendors couldn't
> implement
> this?

Take a look at the J2 implementation of preferences.
We store prefs in a database to support your use case